Tuesday, April 5, 2011

March 18, 2011

Lathen William Atkinson came into this world at 8 lbs and 5 oz, 21 1/4 inches long. Bigger by an ounce and 1/4 inch than any of my other children. And...he is a brown haired baby, just what I ordered.


Because he was born at 5 pm and was a planned c-section, this is the best I have ever looked post baby - no glasses and make-up. A good way to end it! To celebrate, Jim had each of the kids pick out a dozen roses. They left the store and someone said they looked like a circus parading out to the car. What a good man I have! This little boy came into a loving family that will cuddle and adore him and hang him by his arms when he is only 2 days old.
He is looking at me with those sweet little eyes saying "Mama, what have you done to me?"
I tell him you may get hung by your arms and pushed around a bit, but look at everyone who is so excited to love and cuddle you.
You have a GREAT life ahead of you, you lucky boy!

1 comment:

  1. Who Looks that beautiful when they have just had a baby? And "both" babies are so cute...that little Lathen is about too beautiful to be a boy. Your comments make me chuckle and WHEN DID VALERIE TURN 16!!! I miss knowing the Atkinson Family and being closer with you Leisha!

    ReplyDelete